Saturday, January 23, 2010

We Were Strollin' Along...

Well, it's a far cry from our group strolls in Vegas, me taking the baby and Brooklyn out together in NY Winter weather. For one, it is a bit of a production getting the baby dressed and layered and bundled, not to mention then getting Brooklyn layered and bundled and then myself layered and bundled. That alone takes about 15 minutes at least. But once that is finished, then it is strolling as usual (except I don't use the retractable leash over here - is it still at your place, Xing?). We've adapted pretty well, although in truth we haven't actually been out as a trio very often, I believe this was our second outing, what with the bone chilling temps we've had thus far; but it is getting a little warmer, so perhaps we'll get out as a trio more often. It made me miss Vegas and our SUNNY walks, especially in the mornings. I can't wait for warm weather out here, I hope to take both baby and dog to the park, we aren't that far from a few park options. In true NY fashion, as I was strolling, I was craving Chinese food, Chinese fried chicken to be exact, and I didn't want to make two trips, so I strolled close to the take-out joint, called the number on the awning, ordered my food, and let 5 minutes pass by as we took a short trip around the block. Then when I went to pick up the food, I put Brooklyn in the basket section under the seat of the stroller so that I could actually go inside the store with Brooklyn undetected and not have to leave her outside. The counter was so high in the store, that I don't think the woman behind there even knew I had a dog in the store. Luckily, my food was ready and we were in and out, and I had my lunch/dinner for the day! Brooklyn looked so cute, it made me laugh!! And she has a cone on her head to boot - still suffering from hot spots, poor baby!

Mr. Tough-Guy

Brooklyn-in-a-basket

My babies in the stroller (and wind-protected)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH MAKAI's FACE!!!!! OMG I want to laugh AND cry because I wish we could stroll together. Brookly in a basket! kinda sounds like a a chinese dish...like chinese people corn brea. oh how i miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't take that Makai is cute even when he's cold and Brookly!!!! ......ugh the basket face! Hahahahah Your daily everyday adventures sound like so much fun! I can't help but laugh everytime Makai is bundled up, it makes me think of you bundling him up in Vegas heat. Now you have a good reason. :)
    love you.xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete