Seems I've taken an unintentional break from the blogosphere, and the internet in general. Perhaps I'm just in tune with the seasons and taking a cue from Mother Nature and Summer's winding down, but I've found myself particularly exhausted these past weeks. Summer seems to have sped by and here we are in Autumn's foyer. I love Autumn, I think it has become my favorite season as an adult. It's a grown-up season. I look forward to the beginning of a crispness in the air, Autumn leaves, pumpkins, the color orange, corduroy, light jackets, my birthday, Halloween and Thanksgiving, and technically, though late in Autumn, the baby's birthday.

Yesterday, K and I took advantage of the unseasonably warm temps and proximity of the beach (I've never lived close to a beach before!) and spent about an hour with the baby at the shore, playing in the sand. The breeze was so refreshing, the sounds so relaxing, and the baby so entertaining. He's really become quite a talker and his vocabulary is growing in leaps and bounds. He'll say words I didn't even realize he knew. He's wonderful company, so funny and fun-loving. And boy can he dance and sing! He's got this new kicking move that he does with his left leg, it kind of hooks around as he dances in a circle. And he's still beat-boxing and rapping with the best of them! I have to come up with a new word for him, because while he'll always be my baby, he's really not a baby anymore. The toddler? The boy? L'enfant? The prince? Le prince? I'll keep working on it.
Here are my "beach boys" running on the beach (le petit prince loves to run!):
Song: "Baile" by Nylon Studios
i miss you guys so much!!!!!!!! seriously. i had one of those dreams. we were together somewhere and i was crying and telling you how much i missed you and then i woke up crying in real life!! i'm not even kidding. WAAAAAA
ReplyDeleteok. that 1st picture just made my day! How cute is his smile!!!!!!
ReplyDelete