Brooklyn is on a specially prescribed diet because she has a tendency to form crystals in her bladder, which build up to the extent that she cannot urinate. Which means emergency surgery. Last year, she had two surgeries on her bladder in the course of 11 months.
With a cat in the house, who is not on a special diet, feeding time is a source of great anxiety for me. Because, the animals like to eat each other's food. Brooklyn, in particular, is partial to the fishy, soft food Wendall eats. And I fear that crystals in her bladder will return if she so much as sniffs the cat's food. She has probably managed to lick up a total of a 1/4 of a can because whenever I turn my head, there she is, pushing the cat out of the way and just lopping away. Until I scream with terror, "STOP IT!"
So now, I have to stand there and watch while the cat eats. Or time Brooklyn's walks to coincide with the cat's meals. This is a photo of Brooklyn, "staying out of the way", so that Wendall can eat. She is incorrigible!

No comments:
Post a Comment