Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mommy Matinee



At the urging of the Grandmothers and the Aunties, I decided to take a much needed break from Vegas, hop a plane and visit with my dear friends, the Family B, in LA. It was my first time flying solo with the baby, and it was really manageable and smooth sailing; the baby slept for the entire flight, and was in a good mood. He immediately felt at home once we arrived at our friends' home, and it was the first meeting of the baby and his cousin/boy band mate, Baby M. They were instant buddies!

This morning Auntie R and I went to a Mommy matinee showing of "The Hangover". I LOVE going to the movies, I would often frequent movies solo in NY, that's how much I love going to the movies. The whole experience of a dark theater, a cozy seat, the smell of popcorn, it is magic to me. So, I just had such a ball at this Mommy matinee, and appreciate it so much that they even have such a thing as a Mommy matinee. The movie is hysterical and I was laughing so hard, I think I startled the baby several times - I just felt so free to be at the movies, which I haven't done since before the baby was born. My favorite part of the matinee was when the baby and Baby M were holding hands - well, Baby M was clapping (he claps, it is so cute!) and my baby was reaching out for Baby M's hands and grabbing them when he could. We followed the matinee with lunch at Fatburger (my first time!), a long afternoon nap, and then dinner with some friends I hadn't seen in about 9 years! It was a great start to a great visit - I am so glad we made this trip!

1 comment: