

It seems I've entered a period of time when transitions abound. Transition seems to be the theme lately. The biggest one thus far is Auntie L's relocation to a new country. She left yesterday. So exciting, but also I am sad. I don't know how I would have made it through this time on my own without her support and love. All the meals she cooked so both I and the baby would get the nourishment we needed, all the pep talks when I was scared out of my mind of making parenting mistakes, all the times she watched the baby so that I could run errands or simply take a shower, all the open ears when I would stress about life things, all the house cleaning so I wouldn't drown in complete chaos, all our projects, all the series we followed, the time she nursed me through my 24 hour bug, all the love she showed Brooklyn so that I could focus on the baby without guilt, all of it - I am going to MISS her and I am so thankful for our friendship. And so excited for this new journey on which she's about to embark!
The baby is also transitioning, but that's a constant, that goes without saying. Lately, he is looking more and more like K to me. It's funny, I was sure the baby had my eyes, but now they look like they are actually K's eyes. In fact, when we got the baby's 4D ultrasound, he looked like me from the eyes up and K from the nose down. But now, I'm thinking it is completely reversed and instead he looks like me from the nose down and K from the eyes up. I don't know, it is hard to dissect all the baby's features and figure out to which of us he owes which feature, he is truly a combination of me and K, and it is just fascinating! I can't believe how quickly he is picking up skills these days. His rocking on his knees is beginning to come without much effort at all, and it is so exciting to see what he is going to do next each day. I wake up very excited for his new discoveries.
Brooklyn, too, is going through a transition - or rather she's coping with transition as best as she can. She is a real trooper, because she is just not getting the attention and play time that I am used to showering upon her. But she remains a loving dog. She is going to be spending the last few weeks of K's time away with Auntie D and Cousin B, which will be good for her, she'll get some canine company and play time to keep her occupied, and a backyard for lounging. I am actually sad that she'll be gone, but I really think it will be good for her, it would be a bit selfish to keep her here for my own security and watch her sulk with her tail down. Auntie D is leaving the coop too - she's packing up and leaving town in a matter of weeks. So much change in such short time.
No comments:
Post a Comment