Friday, November 13, 2009

11 Months



It's been a while since my last posting, and in that time:

The baby has turned 11 months old! I can't believe it - time has flown by and yet, looking back, sometimes it feels like a world ago that I brought him home for the first time, or that I took him to Arizona, or that it was just the two of us running errands or visiting Xing, listening to our TV commercial songs in the car, or that it would be just the two of us and Brooklyn on our walks in the hot Vegas sun.

The baby's second tooth has appeared, the right bottom center tooth. I have yet to capture these teeth on film. He is beginning to play with finger foods (Gerber puffs) and even, today, venturing to put the food in his mouth. Of course, I am a wreck with worry about bigger pieces of food now.

The baby took some steps on his own - there is a play room in the building, and Auntie L and I took the baby down there, sat on a cushioned mat and let him walk in between us, back and forth at our individual coaxing. I am excited and terrified at the same time - this means me chasing him and biting my nails hoping he doesn't fall, but on the up side, it also means he is becoming more and more this little person. Auntie L and I each took a hand, with the baby in between us, and the three of us walked from the play room back to the apartment, and it was just so wild seeing this little person standing up as if it were the most natural thing (and of course it is). Oh, he's getting so big, so quickly.

The baby imitates kissing which is so adorable. I have to get this on video.

I took the baby to the Botanical Gardens, and it was great - a completely spontaneous trip, which made it all the more special. It reminded me of the outings we'd take in Vegas. We had lunch al fresco and saw all sorts of Autumn foliage with its colorful palette. A nice day!

Asleep among the leaves...

1 comment:

  1. i miss being a part of your outings. i'm laughing to myself cuz i thought, "wouldn't that be funny if it was a nice day at the gardens and it was really 82 degrees?"

    I MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete