




As a child, I LOVED Halloween - the candy, the dress-up, trick-or-treating, all of it. In college, I loved going to the Halloween parties. Even in my immediate post-college days, Halloween signaled fun. Then, as I got older, I started to see more clearly the "trickery" of the holiday - the drunken people who use disguise and the umbrella of partying to justify outrageous and sometimes scary behavior, the thrown eggs (a dropped egg from a tall roof-top just narrowly missed me one year); Halloween just wasn't my bag anymore. However, I have turned over a new leaf as this was my first Halloween as a Mom...and I LOVED IT! I got so into the festive mood, without really planning it. Last night, I bought two small pumpkins for my Stepsons, who drew faces on them, which I carved out for the FIRST time! SO FUN! We watched "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" TV special. I bought the fixings for a pumpkin pie, which Auntie L so graciously baked for us. I cleaned and sorted out the pumpkin seeds and roasted them, YUM!! And then today, I took photos of the baby on his FIRST Halloween! I couldn't decide which costume, so we just did both Giraffe and Pumpkin - a Girumpkin! It's been a great Halloween.
i wish i could have been there! I MISS YOU BOTH
ReplyDeleteI miss you Makai and Auntie Steph.
ReplyDeletexoxo, Marley