Thursday, October 29, 2009
What's Up
I know, I've been remiss in my posting. Working and sleeping and unpacking and trying to spend as much time with the baby has put blogging on the back burner a bit. But for a mini-update: the baby's bottom left center tooth has made a full debut, and its partner on the right side is coming in next. The baby is standing in the pack n' play on his own for a few seconds without holding on, usually when he is concentrating hard on some toy in his hand and he just doesn't realize that he is standing. He can take 2 or 3 steps across from one side to the other. He likes to hold on and walk around the perimeter of the play yard at full speed. I have about 30 more grey hairs. He is controlling his plop-downs when he loses his balance much better. He imitates things much more - the kissing sound, the "achoo" sound, shaking his head "no", and we think he may even be attempting to say "auntie" after much coaxing by Auntie L. He is quick with the hands - his long arms working to his advantage - and I really have to watch him and my surroundings because one minute his hand is empty and the next he's holding a knife (yes a KNIFE!!! Very scary, I didn't realize how close I was to the dish rack, or rather how long his arms could reach. Never again!). He likes to give impassioned sermons, or at least that's what I think they are - he stands up, his arms outstretched and bent a little at the elbow, his palms up, his fingers fully extended, his gaze up in the sky, and he just talks and talks, clapping his hands with certain words for emphasis, tensing up his entire body and bringing his arms inward at the elbows towards his stomach to drive other points home; he knows what he is saying and it is specific, nothing random about it. I have yet to get this on video, I've tried, or I get so caught up in his monologue I don't want to miss anything to get the camera. The apartment is starting to take shape, K has done so much in so little time before he leaves again. Work is going well, I am really enjoying myself. Brooklyn is still staying with my Dad, I haven't seen her since a few hours after we landed last month and I miss her terribly, but am so thrilled that my Dad loves her, as I knew he would, and that she is getting along with my Dad's dog. All is well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm so sad i'm missing everything... miss you so much
ReplyDelete