February has zoomed by! Here are a few things I've been meaning to post:
First Visit to the Dentist:

Leaving the Dentist's with goodie bag in hand.
LPP chipped his right front tooth. I don't know how, I suspect I wasn't actually home when it happened. At any rate, I decided to make it a full check-up and take him in for his first dental visit. He was a champ and sat right on my lap and hardly made a fuss as the dentist prodded and polished. We'll see how he reacts in another 6 months for his second visit. Some tips the dentist passed on: Tap water, no bottled water (for the flouride). Rinse his mouth out after drinking grape and apple juice. Brush twice daily.
LPP, The Muralist:

LPP has broadened his canvas...to include the front door. Why I didn't see this coming, and why I didn't buy washable crayons (why I didn't know washable crayons existed), I'll never know. The landlords haven't had the opportunity to view LPP's blossoming artistic expression. I fear they may be harsh critics.
Theater Kid:
I took LPP to work on my day off; K was working that night. He was mesmerized by the rehearsal - one of our cast mates said that he was watching K the whole time, as if he was thinking, "What are you doing? And what is that person doing? And are they going to do something to you?" After rehearsal, LPP partook in a drum session with K and made friends with some of the cast. He takes everything in first before warming up, like yours truly. I like that I am continuing the tradition of kids visiting parents at the theater.

LPP at the theater with his Daddy, age 2

Me at the theater with my Daddy, age 2
The Grandparents:
Here is a picture my Mom sent me of her and my Dad back in the day. Swanky!

Two Funny Things:
1. I was sitting tubside while LPP was taking a bath, which he LOVES to do now, especially since I've bought the Yookidoo Flow N' Fill Spout from Amazon.com (thanks Blitz for the gift card!) Seriously, hours of fun. Anyway, I noticed some suckling noise and I realized that LPP was hunched over, trying to breast feed himself, tugging on his nipples and trying to get them in his mouth. That was just the cutest and funniest thing I'd seen. He said, pointing to his nipples, "My AH-dah," and I was so tickled. He hadn't said "AH-dah" in sooooo long (his word for breast and breast feeding), I missed it! My baby!
2. While changing LPP's diaper (which is always a war of wills with LPP squirming out of my grip as if my hands were on fire), somehow, being silly, I said to him, "You are green." I really don't remember the context at all. His response was to say, "Nooooo Mommy. I'm black." I was really surprised because we haven't had any discussions about skin color specifically, and I wasn't sure if he was talking about black as a color, like green, or black as a race. He turned over and looked at K and said, "You are black too," with an inferred, "right?" in his inflection. K said, "Yes, I'm black." I said, "Mommy's black too," to which he replied, "Nooo, Mommy." So, he must have been using black as the color and differentiating between complexions. In a subsequent discussion days later, LPP made an adjustment and said that he was brown. And if I remember correctly, he was cool with my saying that I was brown too. Very interesting.
Wow!!! Look at my little man. He is smart and handsome! I can't believe I'm mising out on all of this stuff. Watching him grow and learn......ughhh I miss you guys so much.
ReplyDelete