
Warm and cozy, Sleeping Beauty
I started with a nice light green yarn and after passing the time on numerous boat rides with needles in hand (and even receiving some tips from a fellow boat passenger), I presented LPP with his very own, handmade-by-his-Mama scarf to shelter his neck from the cold. I demonstrated how to wear it by wrapping my own neck in a scarf that I actually made probably 8 years ago (it was supposed to be a hat for K, but ended up being a short scarf for me). I proceeded to wrap LPP's neck in the green scarf...and he HATED it! He wanted to wear my scarf instead and kept passing off his green scarf on me, saying, "Mommy's scarf." Hours of work to no avail. But that didn't deter me from making a second scarf with more colorful yarn. The result...he WEARS IT! Yay. Here's a shot of him in it after falling asleep during a winter night stroll with Brooklyn. Next up - learning to knit a hat.
i LOVE the scarf!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe scarf is beyootiful, although I am a bit distracted by that handsome little man. Wanna teach me how to knit, pretty please?
ReplyDelete