![]() |
| Memorial Day, 2012 |
![]() |
| Fun in the sun, Memorial Day, 2012 |
I am still working my two jobs, loving them both. LPP is growing by leaps and bounds. He is tall, standing at 40 inches (he is only 2 feet shorter than me now). He is an absolute riot!
Highlights of our summer, thus far:
Beach Bumming: LPP and I spent Memorial Day out on the beach with my Dad, followed by some summer shoe shopping for LPP and then grilling in the park, with a carousel ride. Which brings me to our next highlight...
Carousels, carousels, carousels: We went to 3 different carousels so far, and LPP loved them all. He never picks the horses, interestingly enough. An ape, an ostrich, a rabbit, and a zebra.
Central Park: I asked LPP if he wanted to go to the playground and he said, "No. The park." I took him over to Bryant Park, but he specifically wanted to go to Central Park. So, off we went. He loves to run on the different paths and walk on the low rocks. We ended up finding a great playground in Central Park to play in as well.
Sprinklers: LPP usually doesn't really like to get wet. But, perhaps inspired by our soaring temps, he has gotten a bit braver about going in the sprinklers, which seem to be popping up in all the playgrounds. He won't run through them, but he is willing to stick a single limb or even his backside in it for a few seconds. Being wet doesn't seem to bother him as much.
Water Balloons: I must admit, when I saw kids throwing small balloons filled with water at each other, I was HORRIFIED! But of course, just yesterday, LPP met a boy in the playground whose Mom had a whole bag of balloons just asking to be filled. And after several attempts, LPP managed to burst a water balloon on the ground, sending a spray of cool water across the hot pavement. The look of utter delight and accomplishment on his face was priceless. And now he's hooked.
Movies: My Dad and I took LPP to see Madagascar 3, which he loved and pretty much successfully sat through. I took LPP to see Brave, which again he enjoyed, although he was definitely more antsy, but he still managed to sit through it all, save for some moments of dancing in the lit aisles to my whispered protests.


No comments:
Post a Comment