Sunday, July 29, 2012

More With Pop-Pop #4 (new series)

When my Dad babysits LPP,  I am often regaled upon my return home with a recap of some hysterical dialogue between LPP and his Pop-Pop.  Many times, I receive a second account from my Mom, which makes it even more hysterical, and more endearing, because it means that my Dad called my Mom soon after to share in the laughter.  I love the image of my parents on the phone laughing together over the antics of their grandson.

The latest installment of what I've decided to call "More With Pop-Pop" goes a little something like this:

Pop-Pop Faux-Pas

Pop-Pop was sitting on our enormous sofa with LPP.  LPP was engrossed in a video game that K got him, and Pop-Pop was engrossed in his own thoughts.  As if from somewhere far away, Pop-Pop heard a small sneeze, but being so deep in thought, it didn't register as anything more than a passing noise.  About 30 seconds later, Pop-Pop heard LPP's voice.  LPP was talking to himself:

LPP: "Bless you LPP*."
LPP: "Oh, thank you, Pop-Pop!"

My Dad immediately apologized to LPP. "Oh, sorry, man.  God bless you."

LPP remained silent and continued to play his game.


For earlier posts that I am now including in my "More With Pop-Pop" series, click below:

More with Pop-Pop #3: Pop-Pop Sings
More with Pop-Pop #2: Pop-Pop Lisps
More with Pop-Pop #1: Pop-Pop Photo

*he said his real name, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment