Tuesday, February 9, 2010

14 Months: Walking & Talking

I've been remiss in video documentation of all the things the baby is doing these days. K has some video that I'll need to transfer to my computer - but seeing as I still have 3 bags of clean and folded laundry sitting in the same place I put them almost 2 months ago, it is not likely that the video transfer will be happening soon, although a girl can dream. The baby's vocabulary has expanded to include "chicken" (he's an eater), "Hi Brooklyn" (with a hug), "Sponge Bob" - he also sings the entire theme song which includes him imitating the flute at the very end, so funny! - "don't touch" (can you guess who he learned that from?), "no, no, no, no", "up", "all done" - granted, the words aren't crystal clear but really close to the point that you know what he is saying. "Ah-da" means "I want". He loves to sing and to dance - he has a new dance move which replicates the scene in Flashdance when Jennifer Beals is dancing the "Maniac" song, picking up his little feet with lightning speed - I will try to locate footage of that. He loves to hang out with K in the studio and play the keyboards, the drums and the guitar (loves the guitar!). He loves to blow his nose. And he loves to drink out of cups and after every long sip, he swallows then says "Ahhhhhh". He's become quite a mimic - you can say a word or phrase and sure enough it is coming out of his mouth immediately after. Here's footage of the baby talking and walking tonight (footage is very dark, sorry, bad lighting in the hallway and it's on my phone - but you get the idea):

2 comments:

  1. omg did he say something about Brad Pitt??? I can't believe it. He's gonna be talking like his Daddy! OH LLOOORRDDD! (heeheheeee) I miss you guys so much. WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. STephhhh we miss you so much. Makai is getting so big. What a little man! Thanks for posting that video.xoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete