Monday, February 15, 2010

The Mole

Why I feel compelled to blog about this, I don't know, but here goes. I have a mole that lies in my pelvic area, low enough that it doesn't show when I wear a bikini, but high enough that if I were to say, "Hey look at this mole," I wouldn't be revealing the goods. Anyway, I've been particularly sensitive about moles lately, and so the other night, I went to look at my mole, and lo and behold...it WAS GONE!! In its place is my keloid scar from my C-Section. And because I'm a little bit squeamish when it comes to incisions and scars and stitches and things like that on my own body, I hadn't been inspecting the C-Section area too closely - for a whole year, HELLO?!! I didn't notice that the mole had somehow - well, that's just it, I don't know what happened to it. Did it just lie there and get cut into and is it now molded into my scar? Did it fall into my uterus and is it floating somewhere inside me? Did the doctor think he was doing me an aesthetic favor and remove it before cutting me open? I don't know what happened to it! And had I noticed its disappearance while I was still in Vegas, I could have asked the doctor, "Hey, do you happen to remember what you did with the mole that I had on my pelvis?" I had that mole long enough that I don't remember when I first noticed it - in my teens, maybe? At any rate, this was quite a surprising discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment