Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's My Potty

Catching up on some reading.

We had some success in the potty arena last week - one morning, LPP actually sat on his little potty (he has a little potty and also a potty seat to put on the toilet) - or rather he allowed us to put him on it, he's been resistant. He sat there, listened to music, holding the book of potty reward stickers I gave him to peruse while explaining that he would get one when he peed or pooped (as soon as I told him that, he pushed and passed gas, so funny. TMI?). Anyway, he was rapping and beat boxing to the music; I got up to check something and turned around and saw that he was looking down watching himself pee in the potty. I was so over the moon I think I scared him. K came running in the bathroom and LPP just looked at us as if he didn't know what the big fuss was. I put the sticker he wanted on his Elmo Potty chart. But then when I went back to him on the potty, I looked further back underneath him and saw that he had also pooped. Oh my goodness, I was so happy. We put another sticker on the chart, I told him he gets to use toilet paper, and we cleaned up, I gave him a balloon - I know, OVERKILL. I could tell I needed to shut up about it, so I did. Flash forward to the next morning - LPP won't even go NEAR the bathroom let alone IN it. So, I let up. He has since allowed K to put him on the toilet seat, he protests if I suggest it, but I don't think he has done anything in it again. One giant step forward, two baby steps back. At least there's a little light now at the end of the diaper changing tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment