Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh G!

A few weeks ago, I let LPP watch episodes of the original Electric Company from the DVD set I proudly own.  He's taken a real interest lately in asking me what letter words begin with.  I thought he'd get a particular kick out of the famous section when two people in shadowed profile sound out words broken up by beginning and end sounds: C.  At.  CAT.  H. At. HAT.

The entire opening episode focused on the letter "g". However, the "g" looked like this: g

LPP asked me what letter this was. I had forgotten that this is what lowercase "g" looked like when I was coming up.  Especially in the days of typewriters.  So wild.  I don't know if the episode was completely lost on him, since every skit had to do with this "weird" looking letter.  But he did ask to watch Electric Company again some days later, so I'm guessing all is okay. Oh gee!

No comments:

Post a Comment