Sunday, February 26, 2012
Snail Meal
I credit my Dad with developing my penchant for trying and appreciating international foods. When I was six, I remember my Dad coming home and slurping dark brown shells from a white carton. Turns out he was eating snails prepared Chinese-style. He challenged me to try them. Overcoming my initial reluctance, I did and loved them. It became a little tradition between us, eating Chinese snails. Yesterday, my Dad and I took LPP to Chinatown for lunch. We ordered snails. I hadn't had them since I was a child. And they were delicious. LPP wasn't as intrigued and refused to try them. But he knew exactly what he wanted. He pointed to a table across from us and declared that he wanted what they were having (Sesame Chicken). And that's what he ate. It was nice to reinitiate the snail tradition between me and my Dad. And start new culinary ones with LPP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment