Saturday, March 10, 2012

Janet's Alright

Lately, LPP and I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen having what we like to call "dance parties." I select a playlist on my iPod, and we dance (or I watch LPP dance) and we sing (when LPP "allows" me to).  We've been listening to my "College Jams" playlist non-stop for days now, and LPP is a big fan of Janet Jackson.  And Public Enemy.  And BDP.  It's either dance music or hardcore political rap for LPP.  He doesn't like "New Wave" music so much (remember when it was also called "Alternative"?).

One of the Janet Jackson songs LPP loves is "Alright."  What's cool, besides the fact that I love this song too, is that Pop-Pop is in the video for the song.  He plays Cab Calloway (in a yellow suit), about two-thirds of the way in, and he escorts Janet out of the limo.  The real Cab Calloway makes a cameo at the very end.  And also making a cameo are the Nicholas Brothers and Cyd Charisse (oh, how I wanted to dance like Cyd Charisse!).  It's a fun, feel-good video.

No comments:

Post a Comment