Saturday, March 3, 2012
Who Me?
Look at that angelic face. That heartwarming smile. I had just reprimanded LPP for purposely throwing his cup on the floor. Or something like that, I can't even remember exactly anymore, but I know it involved food, liquid, Brooklyn, the floor, and me stooped over. And this is how he responded. This is how he often responds to my reprimands. Especially when, in my feeble attempt to show him I mean business, I finish what I have to say, physically stand my ground and just stare at him. He considers the mounting silence and my steely glare and mentally juggles his options, all at quicksilver speed. And then he breaks into the biggest and sweetest smile you've ever seen. And just looks at me, smiling from ear to ear. It's hard not to cave in. But I haven't, to my credit. I haven't. Not yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment