Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happiest Baby

So, this morning I finished crash reading the rest of Dr. Harvey Karp's book, The Happiest Baby on the Block, which I started before the baby was born and had to put down since bringing the baby home. I am now anxious to watch the DVD to actually see how to put the steps to calming down baby into action. I've been swaddling the baby since being in the hospital, and he does seem to respond positively to that. Yesterday, while he was screaming at the top of his lungs, which just sounds horrible and makes me so anxious to soothe him, I swaddled him, swung him in my arms and tried Dr. Karp's suggestion of "shhh"ing the baby, close to his ear, and it worked almost immediately. That was completely encouraging. My baby still doesn't really like to sleep, or rather, he doesn't allow himself to fall into deep sleep easily. Uh oh, he's crying again...gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment