Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy/Sad Songs

My new favorite song, yet again from a commercial, is "The Honey Tree" by Mostar Diving Club. How can one NOT like a song that says, "Just another perfect day / I think I'll walk this way with the trees that do sing / I'm feeling part of everything." The commercial is for the Honda Insight Hybrid car, and the commercial itself is pretty cool (this is a shorter version):


I have to also mention again how much I like the song "Falling In Love In A Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg from the AT&T Wireless commercial. My favorite line: "I see the paths that your eyes wander down / I wanna come too." And the end: " All of the while / All of the while / It was you." Makes me wanna cry every time! I call these songs my Happy/Sad songs - they make me happy and sad at the same time. I think it is the simplicity of both songs, not much instrumentation, musically open, simple lyrics, great sentiment. See, TV's not all bad, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment