Thursday, June 4, 2009

Second Down

Well, I am well into the middle of my third week with Brooklyn home, two weeks down, and only 5 more days until K's glorious return. This week, I decided to try some alterations in our sleeping arrangements, and managed to keep Brooklyn completely out of the bedroom for two whole nights in an attempt to create at least one dog-free zone. However, last night, i.e. the third night, Brooklyn had had enough and spent an hour or so crying and pawing and banging and scratching at the door. I don't know if she eventually stopped or if I just managed to fall asleep over the noise, but I felt horrible. Especially because this eviction was on top of the huge decline in one-on-one attention. By morning, she started up again and woke the baby and me up at an early 7:30 am, incredibly hyper and happy to see me emerge, drowsy and sleepy-eyed, from the bedroom. I wondered if she'd slept at all. During our attempt at an afternoon nap in the bedroom behind closed doors, again Brooklyn started up with the barking and scratching and whining - to the point where, even after leaving the door open but barricaded by her crate, I had to give in because I just wanted to try to get some rest. She automatically jumped on the bed, and I immediately made her get down - if she's staying in the room, she's staying off the bed. Hopefully, she'll figure that an off-limit bed is better than an off-limit room and catch on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment