Monday, March 29, 2010

Movin' On Up

Yesterday afternoon, I was in the kitchen preparing lunch. My Stepsons were in the back and the baby was in the living room in his play area. I had to put noodles in the pot, so before turning around to the stove, I checked the baby to see exactly what he was doing and to make sure he was okay. He was standing over his book that was laying on the couch, like so:

I put the noodles in the boiling water and stirred them for what had to have been no more than 30 seconds total. When I turned back around, this is what I saw:

My son is now a climber!! (The pics, by the way, are reenactments - I was too shocked to take pictures at the actual time of my discovery).

This morning, the very first thing he did when we got into the living room was, of course, to try to scale the couch once again. I really wanted to catch footage of this, so later on in the day, I tried to see if I could set it up so that he would climb again, and of course he wouldn't. So I had to coax him to climb up (which in hindsight was probably not the move, encouraging him to climb). This is the footage:

Two words: Oh no!

I guess this is either the end of turning my back, or the beginning of growing eyes in the back of my head.

2 comments:

  1. wouldn't that be cool if you could pick the color of the eyes that will grow in the back of our head? mine will be hazel.

    GO BABY M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makai's reenactments are hillarious!!!!!! He is an amazing actor, just like his Momma.

    ReplyDelete