Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pop-Pop

This past week, my Dad, aka Pop-Pop (he refuses to be called "Grandpa") watched the baby while K and I worked during the day. It was their first time hanging out without me around and I was actually nervous about it, only because the few times that the baby has seen my Dad, he either cried or held on to me for dear life. Eventually he'd warm up a bit, but still, this was 7 long hours without me. And I don't imagine my Dad has taken care of a baby since my younger brother was a baby, at least not to my knowledge. So this was a big first for them, but really for ME, LOL. Anyway, I spent the morning running around like a madwoman, writing notes out, preparing meals and snacks. When my Dad arrived, he informed me that this was perfect because he had some work to do that he brought with him. I told him good luck with that! There were no tears when I left, thank Heavens, because K was there to ease the transition as I sneaked out of the door. K had my Dad and the baby playing drums. Before I knew it, K and I were on our way, the baby in the adept hands of my Dad. And, as usual, my worrying was all for naught - they had a BLAST. My Dad said they talked and played drums, watched "Yo Gabba Gabba" and even took a nap, my Dad in the middle with Brooklyn and the baby on either side of him. When K and I approached our front door on our return home, we could hear them playing drums and singing. Oh, what a relief! I am so glad that my Dad got the chance to get to know his Grandson better, and vice versa. This is what moving back and being close to family is all about.

1 comment:

  1. aahhhhhh Pop Pop! Family is the best. I just wish your family lived in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete