
The baby's leaf collection, 2010.
I feel so silly that I've only recently discovered that there is a playground literally one block away from my house. I haven't done too much exploring in the neighborhood other than my block. I took Le Petit Prince there this afternoon to check it out. It is modest in size, not much other than a basketball hoop on one side and then swings and a sliding board/climbing set on the other side. It was a sunny but breezy day, so we took in the swings for a bit and then headed back inside. The baby LOVED the swings, he was all smiles and giggles, so funny. I wish I'd discovered it when it was still warm outside.
Weeeeeeeeee!
There is something about having the baby that makes me want to celebrate everything with him and find the festivity in everything - the changing seasons, the holidays. We walked Brooklyn today and I guided the baby into piles of leaves so he could hear and feel the crunch under his sneakers. He loved it. I remember the crunch of autumn leaves as I walked to and from school. Then we collected leaves, so pretty (top photo). I think I'll make a book for him and we can collect some every year.


awwww seasons something i really don't know about. what i do know is that i miss you! i feel like LPP is growing us so fast without us!
ReplyDelete