Monday, April 13, 2009

And The Award Goes To...

It is amazing how the ability to complete a simple task these days seems to merit huge pats on the back, a golden statuette, and an acceptance speech while donning a designer gown. I've allowed bills to pile up, as usual, and tonight, after the baby fell asleep, I sneaked out of the room, and began to pay them. But everything I do these days is with keeping the possibility of being interrupted by the baby in mind. So, I opened up all the bills first and made a pile of pay slips and accompanying envelopes. Then I ran in to check on the baby. Then in the record keeping section of my check book, I wrote down which check numbers would correspond with which bills, keeping them in the order of the pile. Then I ran in to check on the baby. Then the baby woke up, so I had to abort mission and ease him back to sleep. Then I slid out of the bed and onto the floor, continued jotting down check numbers, and then proceeded to actually write the checks out, but without tearing them out of the check book just yet, so as not to wake up the baby. Then after seeing that the baby was still sleeping, I tiptoed out of the room to the kitchen, where I could rip out the checks and place them in the envelopes along with the pay slips. Then I ran in to check on the baby. Then I wrote my return address on all the envelopes. Then I put stamps on all the envelopes. This took about an hour or so. And I feel GREAT! Now all I've got to do is the dishes, wash clothes, fold clothes, throw away my garbage, clear off the counters and the dining room table, unpack my pre-pregnancy clothes, throw away magazines, clean out the fridge, mail in my taxes, eat, sleep, and take care of the baby. I've got a couple of speeches prepared.

2 comments:

  1. and the winner goes to BIRDIE!!!!! i don't know how you do it! you are an inspiration to me!!!! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you. I attended my first mommy support group today to ask a million questions.......from what not to do ....to when in the heck do you do this or that? ugghhhhhh Believe me new mommies deserve every award in the book. Especially after reading your submision clip. lol
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete