Friday, April 3, 2009

On A Roll

Last night, the baby rolled from his tummy onto his back, going to the right twice, and then once to the left. I actually saw his thought process after rolling to the right the second time. I placed him back on his tummy, with his music-playing Pooh doll in front of him, and I could see the gears turning in his brain: "Wow, I wonder if I can do this the other way. Let me lift my other leg and see..." And sure enough, he lifted the right leg this time and bent his little left elbow so that the small momentum of doing both simultaneously would send his little body rolling over to the left. Then, when I placed him back on his tummy, he tried to get up on his knees, the difficulty of which sent him into a fit of frustration, marking the end of Tummy Time for the night. Can't wait for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. What!? Makai is turning all ready! That is exciting and scary the same time. lol That is so awsome..........for him. lol Now I bet you really have to keep an extra eye on him. Next week he is going to get up and start walking! ;)
    kiss Makai for me.

    ReplyDelete