Thursday, April 30, 2009

These Booties Are Made For Walking




Today my friend LH and I did some house shopping and came home with a brand new alternative walker toy for the baby. Apparently, the walkers of my day are considered hazardous and they now have a variety of safer alternatives, ranging from walkers that move as mine did but have huge plastic bumpers to prevent tipping, to what I got today, which is like a play station mounted on a saucer base. The baby sits/stands in the center and because the seat spins, he can walk in a circle to play with all the toys attached to the top. Plus he can bounce, which is his latest favorite physical activity - if you pick him up and stand him on your lap, he immediately rebounds and bounces up and down, picking up his little feet. As soon as we put the baby in his new toy, he took to it like fish to water. He was SO EXCITED!! And I could see that he took pride in being upright while being separate from me, like he was his own little person. It was my first peek at how he will be when he can stand and play on his own. He looked older and when I saw the photos I took, he just looked so different to me than he did just last week (such as in the Earth Day pics). It's almost as if his face changed over the weekend, pretty wild. Maybe it's the lighting, but more likely, my baby's just growing up. Wow, it is going fast!

2 comments: