Friday, August 14, 2009

Homeward Bound

Well, we are officially moving back to the Big Apple by the end of September. Which means a lot has to get accomplished before then and it is overwhelming. I packed my first box today just so that I could say I've started packing - believe me, this one box hardly puts a dent in the packing, but it is a start. I am excited at the prospect of being back near my family and East Coast friends, but also a little scared. I am afraid that I will get back there and miss the desert - the space, the driving, the slower pace, the apartment complex with gym and pools and tight security, the heat or rather the lack of freezing temps. Okay, I already know that I will miss all of these things, so I should just embrace that and get it over with. Most importantly, I am going to miss Xing!!! What am I going to do without Xing Lao? That is the saddest thing - okay, let's not think about that anymore. I can only take things one day at a time right about now, I have to keep reminding myself that. And to stay positive. I am feeling so anxious and my mind is so full right now. But I just have to trust that everything will fall into place. Everything WILL fall into place. It's all going to work out great! Good night.

1 comment:

  1. gasp..gasp..gasp..gasp...sniff (snot running down my nose)...sniff...wipe..sniff sniff...."you'll be fine...no seriously..this is a good decision"...gasp..sniff....wipe....cough...cough..."you'll be fine...really...this is good for you" GASP GASP, SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF...WIPE.....COUGH..COUGH.....COUGH.........GASP

    ReplyDelete