
Xing brought this new product to my attention - it's a "Wash Hands Before Touching Baby" sign that you can hang on a crib or stroller or wherever your heart desires. It's created by Hands Off Baby, and I am this close to ordering about 100 of them and hanging them all over the apartment and stroller and making a necklace out of a few of them, LOL!!! Okay, maybe not a necklace, but it really isn't a bad idea. They also make bibs and onesies (someone's birthday is next month...ahem). My Mom hung a handmade sign over my crib that read, "Don't Touch The Baby" - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Along the same theme of protecting the baby from germs, my inner germaphobe has been tested on this NY trip, and I am happy to say that I am not as freaked out as I would have been a couple of months back (oh, who are we kidding - a couple of weeks back). For instance, mosquito bites. Not something I've had to deal with in Vegas, not something I even remembered as I was preparing for this trip, but here in Brooklyn, the baby, K and I have all been chewed up by mosquitoes. And crawling - the baby is crawling everywhere and sure enough, as he sits up in the middle of his crawling to take a break, into his mouth go his dirty, chubby little fingers that have just sprawled against the foot and paw-trodden floor. He likes to grab the wheels of his stroller as he crawls by it and, to my absolute horror, he's picked up another new trick - LICKING THE FLOOR!!! What are you gonna do with that one? Can't exactly wash his tongue. I've just had to do my best with wet wipes and chalk it up to building a super immune system!
please make a necklace PPUUUUHHHLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!
ReplyDelete