Monday, September 21, 2009

End Of The Week

So, my stay in NY ends tonight, we return to Vegas to finish the pack and move our stuff and frankly, I'm a little anxious because I know that it will be sad and bittersweet. And in this small amount of time here in NY, I feel like so much has happened, so much has changed already, it is pretty wild. The most notable change was returning to work after a 16-month hiatus. It was nice to be back, and it felt like I was reconnecting with a part of myself that had been dormant. I was excited at the prospect of my son one day seeing me at work and being proud. But of course, I didn't enjoy being away from him for so long, the longest being yesterday at a whopping 9 1/2 hours. At the same time, he is getting used to being with other people, which is great, spending hours with Grandparents and his Aunt and Daddy. I did manage to pump at work, using a single pump that I bought during the baby's surgery this past summer. I tucked myself away in the bathroom and I can only imagine what people must have thought as they passed by, hearing the electrical whirring of the pump behind closed doors. But it felt really empowering, like I was a woman taking care of business, working, pumping! Unfortunately, I've succumbed to the mass-spread of cold germs at the job and around the city and had to work with a horrible cold. Hoping I won't be too miserable on the plane ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment