Saturday, June 5, 2010
Brooklyn Children's Museum
Finally, after months of being on my "To Do" List, the baby and I made it to the Brooklyn Children's Museum. It is free on Wednesday afternoons after 2pm, which fit nicely into my budget! We spent a good 90 minutes exploring the Tots section, which included a dress-up area, a reading nook, a sand area, an arts & crafts room, a water room, a standing bar and stool area, and a play area for kids younger than 18 months. We also took a quick stroll through an upstairs exhibit on jewelry making and masks from Africa. The baby loved having the space to roam and run. He loved watching other kids, particularly 2 rowdy older boys who created a whirlwind of noise and chaos wherever they went. Their "supervisor" looked like she could use a drink to go with the crossword puzzle she brought along for probably much needed personal down time. I found myself truly appreciating the zen-like calm of the sand area, entranced by the trickle of sand from my son's shovel. My son's favorite activity, however, was rearranging stools - he LOVES this. My Mom said he's gonna be a stagehand (I said engineer). It was a really great day, and it was FREE! We like that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Love your blog...love your book shelf...I am excited to have found your blog. Sounds like a great time at the children's museum.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sherri - that's so nice to hear! Pleased to make your acquaintance!
ReplyDelete