Brooklyn has been gaining weight. She's naturally fluffy and looks big when her hair is long, but she's normally pretty thin under all that fur. Until recently. My Father was the first to notice this when he held her in his arms a few months back and said, "Oh, look at you, Brooklyn, you are putting on some weight!" And I told him, "No it's just her hair growing back out." But sure enough, I noticed about a month ago that when I smoothed her hair down around her tummy, the girth stayed exactly the same - it isn't her fur that is making her tummy look big. It's HER TUMMY! K and I went through possible weight gain causes - it could be the new food we've been giving her. It could be that we aren't keeping track of how much food she's being fed by both of us. It could be because she isn't running around as much as she used to in Vegas, she doesn't have many dog friends in NY, and so on. And then the answer presented itself as I was clearing away the baby's lunch...and I snapped this picture. Brooklyn has been doing "clean-up" after every single one of the baby's meals. It's usually limited to picking up scraps from the floor under the high chair and occasionally snagging some food that the baby has accidentally let fall into his actual chair. But then, to my horror, there is the rare occasion that Brooklyn actually gets to the bowl behind my back as I'm putting the baby down from his chair, before I have the opportunity to put the bowl in the sink. At 3 meals a day, 7 days a week, since at least December (30 weeks), that's 630 baby meals after which Brooklyn has cleaned up. No wonder!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Wait, Watch Her
Brooklyn has been gaining weight. She's naturally fluffy and looks big when her hair is long, but she's normally pretty thin under all that fur. Until recently. My Father was the first to notice this when he held her in his arms a few months back and said, "Oh, look at you, Brooklyn, you are putting on some weight!" And I told him, "No it's just her hair growing back out." But sure enough, I noticed about a month ago that when I smoothed her hair down around her tummy, the girth stayed exactly the same - it isn't her fur that is making her tummy look big. It's HER TUMMY! K and I went through possible weight gain causes - it could be the new food we've been giving her. It could be that we aren't keeping track of how much food she's being fed by both of us. It could be because she isn't running around as much as she used to in Vegas, she doesn't have many dog friends in NY, and so on. And then the answer presented itself as I was clearing away the baby's lunch...and I snapped this picture. Brooklyn has been doing "clean-up" after every single one of the baby's meals. It's usually limited to picking up scraps from the floor under the high chair and occasionally snagging some food that the baby has accidentally let fall into his actual chair. But then, to my horror, there is the rare occasion that Brooklyn actually gets to the bowl behind my back as I'm putting the baby down from his chair, before I have the opportunity to put the bowl in the sink. At 3 meals a day, 7 days a week, since at least December (30 weeks), that's 630 baby meals after which Brooklyn has cleaned up. No wonder!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment