Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October-fests

October. My FAVORITE month. And here we are almost at the very middle and already there have been quite a few celebratory events to mention:

Brooklyn's Birthday:
My pup is now FOUR years old. We got her in Las Vegas when she was just shy of 5 months old! I can't believe how time flies. And what a perfect dog we picked. So friendly, so patient, so loving, so playful. And K and I both zoomed in on her separately without telling the other until K said, "I like THAT one," and I excitedly said, "ME TOO!" She was meant to be our dog, our first "baby" together.

Brooklyn's first night in our home, Las Vegas, Feb. 2007

22 Months:
Le petit prince is now 22 months old! And he's a riot, with his beat-boxing, rapping, dancing, chatty little self. I'm always amazed when a new word pops out of his mouth, especially one that I don't even remember teaching him - and he has a lot of teachers, between his Dad, brothers, aunt, grandparents, uncles, Gabba-land denizens, Brooklyn - it does take a village. I'm grateful.



My Birthday:
I've been blessed to complete and begin another glorious year. And I spent the entire day with my son, which made my day. I injured myself at work, so I've been off and therefore had my whole birthday OFF - love those silver linings. K had to work the entire day, so we had our family time in the morning and then I DROVE myself, le prince, and Brooklyn up to my Grandma's to spend my birthday with my family - first time taking the highway in Manhattan, YAY! My Mom and I strolled my Grandma and the baby and Brooklyn for a nice sit-down in the gorgeous weather. Then later, we attended a neighbor's birthday party where my brother sang Happy Birthday to me, and the baby flirted with a woman for about 30 minutes, showing her his Taekwando moves. Then I DROVE back to pick up K from work. It was a happy birthday indeed!








No comments:

Post a Comment