I was given the generous gift of the NOOK for Christmas. When digital readers first came out, I was set to hate them. I am a book lover. I love bookstores. I like book covers. I like the smell of old books. I love the smell of new text books. I have watched in horror as many a Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstore has lost the war against online bookstores and digital readers here in the city and closed to the dismay of its regular shoppers. And then I downloaded a reading app for my phone, on which I read the entire
Hunger Games series (which I recommend). I appreciated the convenience of knowing that I had something to read if I had my phone with me. And without the bulk, too. Now, I love my NOOK and the fact that I can now have more than one reading option right at my fingertips. But I love hard copy books too. Let's face it, I'm torn. So, I've made a comparison list of pros and cons for the NOOK:
NOOK Pros:
- You don't need a bookmark (I'm always losing them).
- You have your entire book collection with you. (Imagine trying to carry all your books).
- It is harder to flip forward to the end of the book when you just can't help yourself and have to know how the story ends. (Very clever, NOOK, forcing me to practice patience).
NOOK Cons:
- You don't need a bookmark (I LOVE bookmarks!).
- You have your entire book collection with you. (Lose your NOOK, lose your entire book collection in a blink of an eye).
- It is harder to flip forward to the end of the book when you just can't help yourself and have to know how the story ends. (Darn it, sometimes I just have to know what I am getting into!).
I don't know. It's a toss up.
No comments:
Post a Comment