Monday, January 9, 2012

Recent Reads

I've been on a mad, escapist, reading roll and just wanted to share the latest books I've read and would recommend:

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards.  This book was a best-seller about 5 years ago and sat on my bookshelf (in 4 different apartments) for about that long.  I finally read it, and I found it to be a poignant story.  And despite some character developments that I found a little contrived or over-stated, I felt the pay-off I got by the book's end made it totally worth the read.

Room by Emma Donoghue.  A haunting and well-written novel.  And a touching portrayal of the unique mother and son bond, especially in such an extreme situation.

Bossypants by Tina Fey.  I am in the process of reading finished reading this and I wish Tina and I were friends!  She is so funny and so smart.  I love her sense of humor and her writing. Totally enjoying enjoyed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment