Thursday, January 26, 2012

French Women Don't Get Fat

I've just finished reading the book, French Women Don't Get Fat, by Mireille Guiliano.  It was a quick and enjoyable read.  And as anyone who knows me knows, I like most things French.  It was interesting to re-evaluate how I think about food, and how I eat.  And as I was reading the book, I found myself adjusting serving portions and trying to drink more water and make more healthy eating decisions, in terms of when I eat and what I eat.  I began to notice flavors and smells more intensely.  I was actually excited about trying a new approach to food, viewing it as a sensory pleasure rather than simply a necessity.  However, now that a week or so has passed, I am finding myself HUNGRY!! Perhaps it is my cycle.  At any rate the book now makes me want to scream, "Yes, but HELLO!? I am an American!!" (I still recommend it. There are great recipes to try!).

No comments:

Post a Comment