Tuesday, March 3, 2009

That's A Handful

I have to tell you, it is so exciting to see how the baby acquires new skills from day to day, some subtle and some more apparent. The latest is how the baby is now starting to grab things more. If something passes by his hands, chances are that he will tighten his chubby fingers around it. I try to pull his arms through his sleeves, and his little fingers clasp the edges of the sleeve opening, making it hard, but still cute, to get him dressed. He has also found my and K's hair (ouch!). I guess my days of wearing dangling jewelry are over! I've noticed that he also focuses better on things - he was staring and smiling at a truck that hangs on his play mat that he didn't seem to care much about last week. He also actually watches TV - and it is totally my fault that he is watching TV already, but TV has always helped me keep the loneliness at bay, and I'm looking at another 3 or 4 months or so of K touring. However, I've been trying to at least keep educational and/or baby-themed programs on the tube, limiting junk TV to a minimum. The baby loves Barney (I guess a big purple dinosaur swaying in front of a white background would look cool to me too at that age). And what a chatter box the baby is! I love it - he just talks up a storm, and with such expression, furrowing or raising his eyebrows to bring a point home, or squinting his eyes to help convey the intensity of the knowledge he is laying down. Man, I just love being a Mom to this little boy! What a cool little dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment