


Well, my first week at the helm solo with both baby and Brooklyn is complete and I have to say that I really enjoy seeing Brooklyn here in the house where she belongs, with me and the baby. And it is definitely a bit of extra effort managing both dog and baby. My Mother reminded me that she too was left alone, with two kids and a dog, while my Father was on tour. However, she was also 15 years younger than I am now, with probably a little more energy. And my brother and I weren't infants, or at least I wasn't - I never was...KIDDING. Okay, I digress. The hardest thing for me is coordinating the night walks with the baby's sleeping schedule, which doesn't really exist at the moment. Brooklyn's morning and late night walks have thrown our sleeping schedule off to where we are now napping at strange hours, which is further compounded by the baby's teething. Last night the baby was wired at 1 am, Brooklyn's night walks giving him a second wind. So I decided to take an impromptu dog walk at that hour so that the baby would fall asleep and Brooklyn would do her business and hold out longer in the morning, allowing the baby to sleep in. Luckily, my plan worked. The baby is completely amused by Brooklyn and loves to blow raspberries in her face, to which Brooklyn responds with a playful recoil and wag of the tail. Brooklyn is also amused by the baby, and runs to him whenever he cries, and showers his feet with lots of licking, even at the risk of getting kicked in the face. They are both really just adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment