Thursday, May 7, 2009
Triumphant Baby Wearing
Hooray, we've made a dent in baby wearing! I thought I was fated to stare longingly at the baby carriers mockingly hanging from my bed post. On Monday, I had to rush downstairs to let my friend in after the intercom buzzer failed to open the door. So, I threw on a house dress, because I was feeling cheery, and without giving it too much thought or preparation, threw on my Ergo and picked up the baby and put him in it, bare-legged and barefoot, and off we went into the hallway, without so much as a peep. He sat straddled without any fuss, and even smiled when we unexpectedly ran into my friend coming out of the elevator as we were approaching. And then today, I set out to find a way to manage both the baby and housework - I am so tired of living in the chaos that the house has become, largely because I don't really put the baby down that often, unless it is to play or to sleep. When he sleeps, I am usually sleeping next to him because it is our nursing time. When he plays, I usually stay with him and join him in his fun - I just love watching him play. So, today, while I was fixing his bottle, I put him in my Ultimate Baby Wrap and he was completely fine with it, so much so that as I was rinsing his bottle, I noticed that he was bending a little forward to look at something in the sink, or so I thought. Instead, he had fallen asleep soundly, wrapped up close to my chest. It was sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAAAYY!!!!!! hands freee!!!
ReplyDelete