
Now that the baby is five months old, I look back on when he was first born, and it seems so long ago! I feel so much more settled than I did back then (thankfully). The complete anxiety I felt as a new mother was a surprise to me, and I am glad that I can look back on those first weeks and laugh at myself - still my favorite "laugh-at-myself" moment is when I had the baby on my lap, crying at the top of his lungs, and I was crying at the top of my lungs right along with him because I was alone, K was at work, and I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with the baby! I still want to cry when he cries, like tonight - his cry was so pained, it made me so sad, and I think it was his teeth (still guessing!!). I'm still anxious, but I have better coping mechanisms (although Xing may beg to differ, LOL! Yellow latex gloves, that's all I'm saying. In 100 degree weather. To the ATM. Swine Flu scare...Okay, maybe there's still work to be done.). And it is just so much fun interacting with my baby and watching his personality blossom. We have this great game that the baby created where we look in the bathroom mirror, which sits at a right angle to the medicine cabinet mirror. And then the baby switches his eyes to the medicine cabinet mirror without moving his head and waits for my eyes to meet him there, and when they do, he scrunches up his shoulders and smiles and then switches his eyes back to the first mirror, and again, when our eyes meet, he gives me such a smile! It's fun, and even more so because he figured this all out on his own. He's a funny guy!
ROROROROROROR! OH BIRDIE! I love you sooo!!!!!!
ReplyDelete