Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Girls Night In

Two nights ago, I had a wonderful evening. I was on my way to the grocery with the baby when I received a text from a friend asking if she and another friend could come over. And it was perfect timing, I was definitely ready for a social evening. And then about 20 minutes later, another friend sent me a text me asking me the same! It was like it was in the air. So, I had company over, we watched the Grammys and it was nice to feel like a hostess, but in a low-key manner, because since the baby, my housekeeping has slowed down a bit, and I'm not too modest to admit that to folks who do come over. What I also enjoyed was that I was able to interact and be a mom, I wasn't one exclusive of the other. And it felt really normal, I think I am beginning to get into a rhythm with the baby care and I was able to share my attention. The baby LOVED the female attention. He even gave an audible, tiny LAUGH for EO which was so cute. Two days before that, the baby was mesmerized by Xing and completely interacting and smiling at her. I've got a ladies' man on my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment