Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Have Passport Will Travel
I am obsessed with getting the baby a passport. I don't know if it is because K is away and it makes me feel closer to him to know that the baby and I could pick up at any moment and join him out of the country, especially since he may continue to tour with the European company and be away for another 8 weeks from April - June. Or perhaps I am just romanticizing the idea of international travel with a baby. At any rate, I've been taking possible passport photos of the baby. There is concern that his shirt may blend in too much with the background in the photo I've selected. I may need to take more pics with a different shirt (what was I thinking?). It's funny to think that infants need passports, but they do indeed. And there are all these rules - must have eyes open, no shadows, white background, looking straight ahead, mouth closed, etc. The passport is valid until they are 5 years old, and to apply they also need their social security card (apply for this in the hospital at birth!!) and both parents need to apply for the passport in person. There is a great website that allows you to create passport photos for free, epassportphoto.com. Check it out. Bon voyage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ok. this is the cutest passport picture ever. I love it. I should have went to a place to get Marley's pictures done. I just went to the post office. we held him in the air and the poor boy had no neck support .....he looks like a little buddah....he is going to totaly hate me when he see's this picture. OMG he is going to have to live with this for 10 yrs. Oh man....Im in trouble.
ReplyDelete