Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mommy & Me


This afternoon, the baby and I took a "Mommy & Me" yoga class and I am so glad that we went. There were 3 other mommies with their babies. My baby was the youngest, the other babies were at least 6 months old. We started with a sitting pose with the baby in our lap. However, my baby had just woken from a nice nap in the car seat and was ready for some grub. So, without even giving it a second thought, I began to breastfeed him and followed the poses as best as I could with him at my breast. Soon enough, at some point in the class every other mom was breastfeeding as well. It was nice to be in the company of other mothers and other babies. Once my baby was finished eating, he just stared at the mother across from me. At one point her 6 month old girl crawled over to my baby and grabbed his foot, very cute. Another baby crawled over to me and the baby to show us his truck. My baby even graced the instructor with a huge smile after class. I don't know how intensive a physical workout was achieved, but it was definitely spiritually and emotionally gratifying. After the class, one of the moms thanked me for setting an example and taking the initiative to breastfeed during the class; it made her feel comfortable enough to do the same. I never feel like a forerunner in that sense, I am always too cautious, I think, so it was really nice to hear. And about breastfeeding too, which I am so insecure about! After class, once we arrived at our complex, I took the baby out for a nice, daily stroll - the weather is GORGEOUS!!! We had a really nice afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment