Saturday, February 7, 2009

Two Months


Today the baby is 2 months old! Today, it feels like his birth happened a long time ago (usually it feels like it happened just yesterday). Perhaps it is because I watched, finally, the video that K and apparently I (I don't remember shooting video) took in the hospital. It was so great to watch and to see my baby's very first moment out of the womb, and our first meeting and to watch K and all the details that I didn't remember or probably never even processed out of fatigue and medication. Looking at that video, it is amazing how much the baby has changed and grown already, in such a short amount of time. This is just the beginning!

Today was a gloomy day outside: rainy, cloudy, gray skies. Or at least it made me feel a bit gloomy when I looked out the window upon waking this morning. I had planned to run a few errands with my rental car (yes, the car saga continues, my car is still not working properly), but I didn't want to venture in the rain with the baby. I know, water won't hurt, but I am a still a nervous mom and didn't want to chance the baby getting sick. So instead, I decided that I would try to outsmart any onset of rainy day melancholy by planning a cozy day. However, the baby was kind of fussy all day, not outright crying, but more like whimpering. He still managed to smile and play a bit, but he wasn't fully on-board with my plans. I gave him a nice warm bath, the latter part of which he cried through. We both put on our cozy bathrobes, and I was trying to take a photo of us together in our robes, but he wouldn't stop crying until I nursed him in bed. Hence, the artsy (translation: blurry) photo of us above. I kind of like it. "Mommy and Baby Nursing in Bathrobes." Shortly after the photo was taken, I discovered that the baby had managed to WET his bathrobe, thanks to my inefficient diapering, nipping my "Robe Day" idea in the bud. We managed to get in some good rainy day napping, which put us both in a little better mood, and some playmat kicking and smiling. During one of the baby's naps, I watched my Old School Sesame Street DVD (thanks CM) - I didn't remember that Oscar used to be ORANGE! It was so weird to watch, there were songs that I didn't realize I still remembered, but suddenly I was singing along without thinking about the words that just seemed to drift effortlessly from my brain and onto my tongue! And that's about it.

Today, two baby boys were born, Baby Bacon and Baby Best, exactly two months after my baby! It's a wonderful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment