Sunday, February 1, 2009

Batteries Not Included

Advice to new moms: keep your battery stock full, especially AA and D batteries. I was in my arm chair, the baby was asleep in his swing, and my friend was on the couch and I noticed that the swing was slowing down. I asked my friend if the swing was about to stop and she asked, "Does it run on batteries?" I remembered then, to my horror, that it did in fact run on batteries, and I wasn't even sure how many batteries were needed or what size. So my friend pushed the swing to keep it moving so that the baby wouldn't notice it slowing down and wake up while I ran to the kitchen to see what batteries I did have in supply. Luckily I had 3 D batteries, which was exactly what the swing needed to repower up. That was a close one!

No comments:

Post a Comment