Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Firsts of Firsts

Today I experienced my first outing while baby wearing! I put my baby in my Baby Bjorn (thanks TAS) and I put my dog on her leash and the three of us went out for a nice, short afternoon stroll in the sunny and unseasonably warm weather (upper 60s). The baby was asleep within minutes, and Brooklyn was done with her agenda within minutes, and the whole experience was absolutely pleasant!

This week was also another first - the baby's first trip to NY and his first plane ride. K went to NY primarily to celebrate, as he does every year, my oldest stepson's 13th birthday - he's now officially a teenager!!! Every year, K goes to NY and takes his sons out to a NY Knicks game on his oldest's birthday. We decided to combine this trip with the grand meeting of the baby and his relatives - Grandma, Great-Grandma, Grandpa, Uncles, Aunt, Great-Aunt and Brothers!! It was an extremely short trip, 2 days, in the seasonably cold and snowy weather, which limited travel substantially. But it was truly great seeing family and watching everyone as they laid eyes on the baby for the first time in person. And it was nice to be back in NY, cold as it was. The baby did wonderfully on the plane, no freak-outs, a little waking up here and there with some minor crying, which was nipped in the bud with a bottle. He did a lot of sleeping. I did not, LOL.

In a couple of hours, K leaves to tour in Europe for 2 months and I am incredibly sad, as well as a bit anxious about being on my own with the baby. I won't be able to manage all the walks Brooklyn will need with the baby, despite our successful walk this afternoon, so she'll be staying with a friend until someone from the family manages to make it out this way to stay with me. I have a good network of folks here in Vegas, so I know I'll be okay, but nothing is the same when K is not around!

No comments:

Post a Comment