"Sleep like a baby". Funny, I thought this phrase referred to a deep, calm, restful sleep, but I guess you have to specify what age the baby is - a 5 week old baby or a 10 month old baby? Completely different stories there. In keeping with the sleeping theme, let me say that the past few nights, the baby has been getting more sleep in longer chunks, usually a 2 hour chunk and 4 hour chunk (in either order), and it's been since I've been placing him in bed with me. The only other place he sleeps like that is in his swing, and I don't want to keep putting him in his swing, he should be lying down, as should I, for a good night's sleep. So this arrangement is working very well for us. I love seeing his little body next to mine. And his little eyes poking through the dark when he wakes up for a feeding is just the cutest thing.
Today was a major day of change, and I am in complete Baby Mode, so much so that I missed two hours of the inauguration, including President Obama's swearing in!! I can't believe it. But we were sleeping, for four hours, and that's just where I'm at these days, trying to get some sleep. Had my friend not sent me a text asking if I was watching the inauguration, we probably would have slept through the President's entire speech (I caught the last half of it). And, I have to be completely honest: I missed the swearing in because I was afraid to move and wake up the baby. I know, I know! But then I said to myself, he should be awake to witness this historic event, I should be awake to witness this historic event. So I moved to actually record the event and slip back into bed, but as I suspected, the baby woke when I moved, so we both watched what we could. I feel so silly because for some reason, which makes no sense now, I thought the inauguration was a night-time event, and I was going to set the TV to record it today. Of course it's a day-long event, DUH!! Oh well.
K is in Europe for 9 weeks, this is my 3rd day without him, and I miss him SO MUCH!! And I am trying not to count the days, or the weeks, or the months, but it is really hard. I was in the grocery store today, with the baby in his car seat attached to the Snap N Go stroller frame, which I HIGHLY recommend (thanks RMC). In the store, I met a couple from NY, who were asking me directions to the outlet stores nearby. Instead of just giving them directions, I start gabbing about how I'm from NY too, and I ask them where they lived in Brooklyn, share where I lived, talk about the show and how it has closed and how we are moving back, yadda, yadda. All they wanted was directions! You can tell I've been alone for 3 days now! My friend LH is going to look after me with nightly visits and home cooking, which is SO COOL!!! If anyone wants to come and visit me during these last months, hey, we're here!
No comments:
Post a Comment