Saturday, January 31, 2009
Retrograde
Last week Mercury was retrograde, and the effect on my life was truly felt. K leaves for Europe and my car starts acting up - sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't and I have to wait 15 minutes after it fails to start to succeed in getting the car to finally start. I accidentally spilled a tiny bit of water on the stove burner which set off the electric lighter (that clicking noise when you turn the burner on) which wouldn't stop. I had to call maintenance in to turn the breaker off, which they advised I leave off for 24 hours. 24 hours later, I turn the breaker back on and my friend LH, who had just accompanied me to the grocery store to buy all sorts of goodies that she was all set to graciously cook up for me, put food in the oven and on the stove top, and sure enough the oven started smoking like crazy, it looked like it wouldn't stop. I had to get my landlord to send a repair man over. Of course when the repair man came, the oven and stove performed as normal!! Fine, all that matters is that the oven and stove work. I dropped my car off at the mechanic, and of course, the car worked perfectly for him the entire 5 days it was with him, so we'll see. And then the internet has been cutting off from time to time. And twice the mouse cursor disappeared on my laptop. Luckily, Mercury returns to its forward travel in the next couple of days. I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment