Today the baby is one-month old, and I have to say that time has flown! It doesn't seem that it has already been a month! He is now a little over 8 1/2 pounds (25%) and 21 1/4 inches (50-75%) - tall and slender, like his dad, LOL! Feeding is getting better. The only issue to conquer now is him sleeping when I put him down. I've spent the past three nights sleeping in my arm chair with him in my arms because I'd rather not get teased into thinking that I can actually sleep in my bed when I put him in his bassinet - every attempt has had me jumping out of bed within about 5 minutes of putting him down. I am borrowing a friend's sling tonight to see if I like slings and to see if that helps me regain some sense of mobility. Another friend has offered her co-sleeper which may make the transition from my arms into a supine position a little easier for the baby. Our pediatrician, going against the grain of the American Pediatrics Association, said that she doesn't see a problem with sleeping with the baby in the bed; she did it with her kids and her Mom did it with her. Or at the very least, she advised that I try nursing lying down in the bed, which I am going to try tonight. I miss my bed!
My Mom-in-law told me that once the baby was born, I wouldn't remember any of the pain I went through. And you know what, I cannot for the life of me remember what the contractions felt like. I was watching my birthing show on TLC and I was trying to remember the sensation of the contractions, and all I can remember was the feeling of it being like a roller coaster that I had no control over. The feeling of a contraction would start and there was nothing I could do but ride the wave. But I don't remember the actual sensations. Which is okay.
Hi Steph, when T was born, he slept with us for a very long time. One reason was selfish: how much easier it made everything ... being right there when he woke up ... & nursing w/out having to get up ... all I had to do was roll over & go back to sleep. And ... look how well he turned out!! He's one of the most well adjusted & independent people I know. Good for your pediatrician for going against the grain of the APA!! Much love to you, K & Makai
ReplyDelete